Choosing the Web framework for Web Application Development in Delphi or C++ Builder will no more a tough task for both developers and companies to meet the business needs. There is plenty of resources around Embercadero and the web about various frameworks with the pros and cons of each. Still, struggle to choose the right one for your need? Don’t worry this post will guide you through the available frameworks.
RADStudio Included Server Technologies :
- Web Broker: Abstract the HTTP Server concept with concrete classes mapped to CGI, ISAPI, ApacheModules, Standalone(indy). It can maps URLs to actions, supports filters, and global handlers. To start with WebBroker Click here.
- DataSnap is a Delphi technology that allows the development of multi-tier applications, most notably multi-tier database applications. Supports Rest, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS. Backward compatible with COM/DCOM. A serios of tutorials here.
- RAD Server Load Delphi and C++ business logic methods into RAD Server, add some users, and go. REST/JSON end-points are auto-created and managed. Access control is handled. Data storage is built-in or you can easily connect to any popular Enterprise RDBMS or cloud service.
- SOAP Services: It’s a protocol which enables you to access remote data, or call remote procedures. SOAP data is transmitted using an XML wrapper, usually over an HTTP or direct TCP/IP. To create and use SOAP service Click here.
RADStudio Included some Client Technologies for Web Application Development: Which includes Rest BaaS Client, Cloud Client libraries, Rest Client libraries, SOAP Clients.
3rd Party Web Frameworks:
Full Stack or Client/Server Focused: Framework covers the Server app and client interface. Balanced Approach good to choose when Both Server and Visually designed UI is one project. WebBroker is the core on the server for most frameworks listed below.
- AtoZed Software’s IntraWeb: Installs into IDE, Modeled on VCL, Visual Client Designer. The client built from the JS and HTML library. Delphi UI event handlers run on servers, extensible via typescript.
- Open source Ethea Kitto2: Uses Web broker for the backend. No visual designer, make it easy to use Ext JS to build client.
Server Focused Open Source:
- Delphi MVC Framework: Rest Server built on WebBroker includes Delphi IDE wizard. Runs under Apche or ISS on Windows & Linux. Restful RMM level 3 compliant.
- MArs Curiosity: Lightweight Rest Server built on WebBroker, installs into Delphi IDE, Dataset support with FireDAC.
Have a look on the Evaluation of Web Frameworks for Delphi from our Experts in the below one.