- Introduce visual form inheritance
- Framework synchronization with TMS WEB Core for Delphi
- Increased robustness, compatibility and stability
- Improved coding experience thanks to a new OmniPascal update
Visual form inheritance
Now you can take advantage of the visual form inheritance feature also from the TMS WEB Core Visual Studio Code IDE. This means you can design a form and created an inherited form and use base form class and inherited form live visually in the IDE. Any changes you apply to the base class will be immediately visible in the descending form class and modifications to the descending class are nicely managed and persisted. Using visual form inheritance should significantly increase your productivity when you deal with web application form logic with repeating patterns. See for yourself how this visual form inheritance feature is used in the IDE:
Framework synchronization with TMS WEB Core for Delphi
In the new release, all latest features & improvements of the TMS WEB Core framework are adopted in TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code. This includes:
- New : geMemo editor type added in TWebStringGrid
- New : WordWrap property added in TWebStringGrid
- New : TWebResponsiveGrid.OnGetItemTemplate event added
- New : Support for custom images added in TWebDBNavigator
- New : SelectCell() added in TWebTableControl
- New : ScrollRowInView() added in TWebTableControl
- New : MultiSelect option added to TWebResponsiveGrid
- New : Miletus use of USB UART on Raspberry Pi
- New : Miletus extensibility through libraries
- New : Hyperlinks clickable with Ctrl key in TWebRichEditToolbar
- New : Hyperlink button added in TWebRichEditToolbar
- New : FindCellFindNext functions added in TWebTableControl
- New : Filtering capability added in TWebTableControl TWebDBTableControl
Given that the TMS WEB Core framework under TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code is identical to TMS WEB Core for Delphi, this means you can perfectly continue development projects handled by other team members in Delphi also from Visual Studio Code and vice versa.
Increased robustness, compatibility and stability.
While TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code is younger than the version for Delphi, it comes with the additional challenge that it has a web technology based form designer. This means that it uses a full WYSIWYG form designer that also uses HTML elements or complete HTML templates live on the form designer. You can understand this brings increased complexities to manage in the designer and we focused on improving the experience at design-time in this new release. Improvements were done to the framework to handle this design-time situation better and we significantly extended the number of tests run from within the IDE itself to guarantee stability & compatibility. This new release should move this a significant step forward.