AppCode 2022.1 was released just a few weeks ago and was focused on quality improvements and enhancements. Today we are publishing the AppCode 2022.1.1 bug-fix update. If you haven’t yet upgraded to the new v2022.1, now is a good time to do so!
Code generation and refactorings in Swift
- The Change Signature refactoring in Swift was updated to avoid situations where an existing subscript parameter name is put in the Name field in the Change Signature dialog.
- Fixed the issue causing the initializer to be missing when creating an actor in a new file (OC-22757).
Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
The Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile plugin for AppCode got a huge update in March with support for all kinds of multiplatform projects and Android-specific IDE features. This update fixes several issues found in the plugin:
- Using an Android emulator with a preview API level no longer breaks Android run configs and post-import activities.
- The new project template no longer uses deprecated kotlin-android-extensions.
IDE UI and settings
- Fixed the issue with Sort tabs alphabetically being disabled when dragging and dropping tabs to a different editor window (IDEA-283610).
- When switching between light and dark themes, the background color of the Find action text field now changes accordingly (IDEA-290491).
- Fixed the issue with the Group by action in the Commit dialog so that the previously used settings are now retained (IDEA-289528).
- Fixed the issue causing high memory usage and a decline in performance when working with large JSON files (IDEA-291190).
- Fixed the issue with removing scratch files from Xcode projects (OC-22808).
The full release notes are available here.
Your AppCode team
The Drive to Develop