When choosing the best app builder software for Mac, we use many heuristics and yardsticks to measure and justify our decision. But the irony is if our decision is wrong, our company and our client also have to pay the price. We should be very logical and careful when choosing our development tools. There are many tools and routes available for Mac development. We should consider several things in deciding the best one. In this article we provide an overview of app builder software for Mac, discuss the benefits and how to make good choices when developing cross platform apps for the Mac.
Why develop for Mac?
macOS is a great environment, and as a developer, you have to build some apps for Mac. Although its market share is several times lower than Windows, its share percentage is snowballing. For example, IDC said that the average adoption of macOS devices is now 23% (Up from 17% in 2019) in the United States, which is a considerable boost. Furthermore, many pundits believe that Mac shipments grow twice as fast as overall PC shipments. Excellent performance by the M1 chip might be one reason behind this. Moreover, the purchasing power of Mac users is more than PC users, and everything is moving toward a bigger and better macOS ecosystem. That is why no developer can ignore Mac.
Why should you avoid No Code solutions?
If you search online for “app builder software for Mac,” you will find that there are many no-code solutions touted as the best tool in the world. However, this anti-programming mindset is not the right path to take. First of all, if you want to be a great swimmer, then why avoid swimming. Secondly, to date, programmers are not replaceable because the system cannot program their roles for all scenarios. Finally, you must love coding to be a great programmer and always be proud of your profession. Then and only then can you find excellent time-saving tools developed by great programmers. Delphi is at the pinnacle of such tools.
What are the criteria for choosing the best app builder software for Mac?
Basic options like database development and reporting, theming support, native look and feel, regular updates, etc., are essential to have in any development tool, and that is obvious. Still, there are many other capabilities we need to have in a modern macOS App Builder Software. Let us consider them.
Is productivity essential for your development?
If the answer to the above question is yes, let me assure you that the RAD Studio is an excellent productivity powerhouse that can help you develop elegant solutions quickly and easily.
Why is cross-platform development essential, and what is the easiest way to do it?
Cross platform development is vital because it is the way of life of today’s users. Customers expect to have apps for all popular devices they use. However, developing and maintaining an app for multiple devices is tedious and costly. The best way to solve this puzzle is through Delphi. With its cross-platform FireMonkey framework, you can develop a single codebase app to generate NATIVE apps for all devices without costing you an arm and a leg.
Why do I think game and media development is necessary to a healthy tech ecosystem?
Chip manufacturers are adding more horsepower and graphics processing capabilities to machines. Thus, it would be best to have great support for game, graphics, and media development to match up or surpass your competition.
Why do you need excellent cloud development support?
Today, many business applications are impossible to program without cloud support, so it is a must feature in any excellent macOS development tool.
Why is machine learning and Python support important?
Machine learning is vital because it can help businesses view essential trends and patterns in customer behavior and business operations. Python provides simple and elegant libraries to perform such tasks. Thus, having good quality Python tools in your arsenal is a great addition. Fortunately, Python4Delphi and Delphi4Python make it easy to bind the strengths of the two languages and give any developer an undue advantage over the competition.
Do you want to follow your bliss?
And finally, we want to follow our bliss deep inside, but life’s tedious routine makes it difficult. If, as a developer, you have a great tool like Delphi at your disposal, it can set you free to follow your bliss, and programming itself can become your passion.
This is how Delphi is the best app builder software for the Mac
- With its macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain, you can build universal native binaries that include Intel and ARM versions and are AppStore submission-ready.
- Delphi is cross-platform. You will have the best tool to develop stunning macOS apps, but you will be able to generate android, windows, iOS, and Linux apps from a single codebase.
- Delphi is a productivity powerhouse delivering Native solutions everywhere.
- Delphi has a more straightforward approach, easier to build, maintain, extend and update.
- Delphi has excellent database support, and you can connect to 20+ databases natively with FireDAC.
- Delphi is cloud Aware, and its HTTP and REST client libraries can help you build anything from Natural Language Processing to a Weather App using cloud technologies.
- Game development is not only possible, but you can learn from the complete source code of many available games.
- Stunning interfaces are possible with its excellent components and High DPI theme support.
- Embarcadero releases regular Delphi updates to support the latest updates of the Apple operating system and dev tools.
- Plenty of third-party commercial and free components and libraries are available for your use in Mac development. For example, take a look at this webinar replay Cross-Platform to Windows, macOS, and Linux with Firepower.
- Delphi has a great community ready to help and a strong GitHub presence.
- There are tons of guidelines, webinars, and helping posts available. For example, look at macOS Development with RAD Studio. For reading hundreds of more posts like this, search for macOS in Embarcadero’s Blog.
How the basic setup works for Mac Development with Delphi
Developing a macOS application with Delphi is pretty straightforward. The basic steps involved are as follows:
- Set up your development environment for macOS
- Set up file sharing between PC and Mac
- Install Xcode and its command-line tools on Mac
- Create and test a connection profile on a PC
- Install and run Platform Assistant server on Mac.
You need to do these steps only once, and then you can write your application on PC and run it on macOS efficiently. For more information about writing and deploying for macOS, you can read this DocWiki Post macOS Application Development. Also, for an amazing quick start video, you can see Setting up, running, and debugging your first macOS application from Delphi by Stephen Ball.
Are you ready to start using app builder software for Mac?
It is fascinating to see how RAD Studio makes Mac app development trivial and enjoyable. Moreover, its constant updates keep you ahead in the race. Adding new features is easy with RAD Studio, and app debugging is trivial. Today is the best time to start Mac app development with this top-notch software. Download your copy of the best App Builder Software Mac and Windows now